- 2020/01/29 New project: new industrial building for XNRGY Climate Systems in Saint-Hubert
- 2019/11/26 St-Bruno now home to a new Costco warehouse
- 2019/10/17 New condo-rental project in the heart of Griffintown
- 2019/09/12 UPS’ presence in Lachine grows
- 2019/06/28 Costco collaborates with Divco once again for the construction of its new distribution center in Varennes
- 2019/06/14 Decathlon’s new distribution center: facility that once manufactured tanks for WWII given yet another vocation
- 2019/05/02 Major transformation complete at 1100 Atwater
- 2018/05/10 A new Sheraton hotel and Congress Center open its doors in Saint-Hyacinthe
UPS’ presence in Lachine grows
Phase I of DIVCO’s United Parcel Service (UPS) project entailed a 180,000 ft2 expansion of UPS’ Montréal hub in Lachine. It was part of UPS’ three-year, $20 billion technological makeover to make UPS’s the first automated sorting facility in Canada. The automation and addition of another five kilometers of conveyor belts tripled the sorting capacity of the Lachine operation. The new building takes up about a quarter of UPS’s 1.4 million ft2 property.
Phase II of the project entailed the renovation of the Quebec Head Office. As in Phase I, UPS kept its operations fully-functional while the renovations were underway. UPS has 260 delivery vehicles serving the Lachine plant and other access points throughout the greater Montréal area.
“It took a lot of coordination to get the work done,” said Jean-Claude Pham, Project Director. "It was a complex project that entailed many changes even after construction had started. Sometimes we could only work three hours a day. But we worked every weekend to make sure we met all the milestones and got it done on time.”