- 2021/05/11 New residential construction in Downtown Montreal
- 2020/11/16 L'Oréal entrusts Divco again
- 2020/01/29 New project: new industrial building for XNRGY Climate Systems in Saint-Hubert
- 2019/11/26 St-Bruno now home to a new Costco warehouse
- 2019/10/17 New condo-rental project in the heart of Griffintown
- 2019/09/12 UPS’ presence in Lachine grows
- 2019/06/28 Costco collaborates with Divco once again for the construction of its new distribution center in Varennes
- 2019/06/14 Decathlon’s new distribution center: facility that once manufactured tanks for WWII given yet another vocation
Costco collaborates with Divco once again for the construction of its new distribution center in Varennes
More than four times the size of the Bell Center, Costco’s new refrigerated and dry cross-dock warehouse in Varennes supplies all the Costco stores from Newfoundland through Eastern Ontario.
Pre-construction was a key to success
The $100 million project involved a great deal of work to prepare the site before construction could even begin: an existing, defunct petrochemical plant first had to be demolished, the site needed to be decontaminated and a river had to be diverted. Construction then started and continued non-stop for seven days a week, with huge teams being deployed.
“It took precise planning and logistics,” stated Pascal Raîche, Project Director. “We pulled out all the stops to get a project of this size completed in time.”
In fact, the project was delivered earlier than anticipated: construction began in the spring of 2018 and was completed by the autumn of 2018.